Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hawaiian Chicken Shish Kebabs



Tonight, I altered my recipe for Hawaiian chicken shish kebabs slightly. I normally marinate my cubed chicken breasts in soy sauce, pineapple juice, and garlic. After a recommendation from a friend, I decided to marinate it in Lawry's Hawaiian marinade. I'm glad I did. It was soooo yummy!

I first cubed the chicken and soaked it in the marinade for a few hours. Just before I was about to grill, I cubed an onion and put it on some skewers. I also opened a standard sized can of cubed pineapple and put it on skewers. I did the same for the chicken.

I used to mix up each skewer with some of the pineapple, onion, and chicken on each. Even though that is pretty, it is not easy to grill since each ingredient cooks for a different time. Sometimes we add green bell pepper and mushroom.

My husband usually grills, but tonight I decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, I still need some practice. Some of the chicken got a little crispy, but it was still good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment